What can I apply for?
AYM will consider requests for assistances with:
- Instrumental tuition costs
- Purchasing or hiring of an instrument
- Purchasing instrumental accessories such as cases, bows, reeds etc.
- Fees for long-term music courses such as Saturday school fees
- Travel for attending long-term music courses (where the young musician has a long journey)
- Purchasing sheet music
- Exam entry fees
- Audition fees and associated travel costs
- Holiday music courses: We will only support the cost of a holiday course if it offers specific training that the young musician could not otherwise access.
- Ensemble membership fees: Where the ensemble offers specific training that the young musician could not otherwise access and where the ensemble do not provide their own bursary scheme.
- Computer software: We will only support the purchase of computer software when there is clear evidence that the software will support the musical progression of the young person, for example if they are studying composition or music production.
- Reimbursements for items already purchased
- Settling the balance on items paid for on credit.
- Academic school fees
- Costs associated with higher education
- Foreign ensemble tours
- International travel for masterclasses or courses
- Computer hardware